Stuck in someone else's frames? break free!
[ Gifts from Cyber Friends ] [ Gifts to Garden Friends ] [ Halloween Graphics ] [ Halloween Humor ] [ Gifts to Misker's Den ]
Thanksgiving Quiz Page
1. How long does a stuffed turkey take to roast at 160 degrees C.
3-1/2 to 4 hours
5 to 5-1/2 hours
2 to 3-1/2 hours
2. What year did the Pilgrims have their first Thanksgiving Feast?
3. What oven temperature is the best to roast a turkey to perfection?
275 degrees F.
200 degrees C.
325 degrees F.
400 degrees F.
4. What food was probably NOT on the Pilgrims' Thanksgiving menu?
5. The Guinness Book of Records states that the greatest dressed weight recorded for a turkey is.....
31.9 kilograms or 72 pounds
39.09 kilograms or 86 pounds
80 kilograms or 170 poundss
22 kilograms or 47 poundss
6. The Horn of Plenty, or Cornucopia, which symbolizes abundance, originated in what country?
7. Which Western Ontario town is the world's largest producer of turkey eggs?
8. In 1676, a day of thanksgiving was proclaimed to take place during what month?
9. What chief turkey was raised in Canada until the 1960's
Rhode Island Reds
10. What president didn't like the idea of having a national Thanksgiving Day?
11.How long did the first Thanksgiving celebration Last
12. What are baby turkeys called
13. What was the name of the Indian chief who we invited to the first Thanksgiving
14. Who is credited with leading the crusade to establish Thanksgiving Day?
Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Josepha Hale
15. What are male turkeys called
16. Which president first established the date of Thanksgiving as a national celebration?
17. Which state produces nearly half of the annual U.S cranberry crop
18. What are female turkeys called?
19. Which president moved the date of Thanksgiving twice?
F. D. Roosevelt
20. According to Evolutionists how many million years ago did the first turkey roam the Americas?
21. The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in Plymouth colony, which is now part of what state
22. The reason Thanksgiving was moved up a week was...
Due to public pressure
To lengthen the Christmas shopping season
To be more in line with what Canada was doing
To fulfill a political promise
It was warmer
To ward off evil spirits
23. Who was the Pilgrim leader that invited neighboring Indians to the Thanksgiving Feast
24. Turkey's scientific name is Meleagaris Gallopave. From what language
does this word originate from?
25. Which country first adopted Thanksgiving as a national Holiday
26. Canada celebrates Thanksgiving on...
2nd Monday in October
3rd Thursday in November
2nd Thursday in November
27. The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held in what city
28. What NFL Football team has played on Thanksgiving since 1934
New York Jets
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers
29. When was the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
30. This questions has more than one answer. List the foods that the Pilgrims certainly did eat at the first Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving from Spike & Jamie
Search this site
powered by FreeFind|
Any problems with this page?
Send the URL of this page &
a description of the problem to webmaster.
Back to Spike's & Jamie's Recipe Collection
Disclaimer: These web site links are listed as a convenience to our visitors. If you use these links, we take no responsibility and give no guarantees, warranties or representations, implied or otherwise, for the content or accuracy of these third-party sites.
Due to the number of recipes and tips we receive, it is impossible for us to personally test each one and therefore we cannot guarantee its success. Please let us know if you find errors in any of them.
We do not endorse or recommend any recipes, tips, products or services listed in our ezines or on our web pages. You use them and their contents at your own risk and discretion. If you do not agree to these terms, please don't continue to use them. If you do use them, it means you agree to these terms.
Copyright notice - No infringement of any text or graphic copyright is intended. If you own the copyright to any original image or document used for the creation of the graphics or information on this site, please contact the Webmaster with all pertinent info so that proper credit can be given. If you wish to have it removed from the site, it will be replaced ASAP.
Back to Top